Here so soon, May?
I cannot believe it’s already May!!! That means that I’m almost done with college! Aghhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!! I don’t think my brain even knows how to process that thought. Everything I’ve worked so hard for is coming to an end and it’s crunch time FOR REAL. Which means I shouldn’t try to load the next 4 weeks with a heavy to do list. Here’s what I’ve got on the schedule:
1. Survive Finals – That’s pretty self explanatory. If I can just stay alive with my sanity at least partially intact for the next 4 weeks I will do well!
2. Apply for Graduation – Also self explanatory. I’m finishing too late to have applied for spring graduation so the whole diploma loveliness won’t happen till the fall and I need to apply for all of that. But no sweat, I’ll just be happy to be done!
3. Read 3 Books – I’m pretty sure I can manage this even with my study load. I’m a booknerd, yeah? We find ways.
4. Get new photos taken – I need new profile, social media shots for this site. What I’ve got up now is just a screenshot from a video project I was working on and it’s got to go.
5. 31 Days of Prayer – This is something I’ve wanted to do for a long time. May is going to be intensely tough and busy – all the more reason to be intentional about my prayer life like I’ve never been before. And as I open up into this new phase of my life, I need God’s wisdom and direction and the grounding of the Word. Sooooooo, to kind of help me out, I bought this book:
I’ve had my eye on it for a bit and decided to give it a go this month. For more information on this book, check out The Well Studio.
Recurring Goals (I have to keep up with these):
- Work out daily, M-F
- Blog M-W-F
- Practice piano for at least 30 minutes a day
Spring is in full swing! What do you have on your to do list this month?
I cannot believe that spring is going to be here tomorrow!! I feel like I just drank in the new year with a bottle of Martinelli’s in a houseful of family and friends! But here it is, the middle of March with springtime on its way and another chance for new beginnings. New Year’s isn’t the only time for fresh starts. Springtime, birthdays, the beginning of the school year in the fall, the start of a new job, etc.. Life comes in seasons and new beginnings present themselves in all sorts of places!
This is one of the reasons why I’m here instead of my old blog, Popcorn and Purple Ink. It’s time for a new season of blogging. Time for a fresh canvas, a clean slate. There are things I want to try, personal limits I want to push, and a comfort zone I want to escape. I felt like those were good enough reasons to create a new space in the corner of the interwebs.
I’ve been thinking about this for a loooooong time. Moving to a new blog can be kind of a big thing, not to mention a hassle, and I’ve been vacillating between staying put and moving to a brand new space. What finally jumpstarted me was the fact that my Popcorn and Purple Ink site was having issues. Since I was already planning on switching hosting services, and since I’d been exploring new ideas and playing with a new platform concept, I figured now was as good a time as any to make the switch.
Popcorn is still my forever snack passion *giggle* but when it came to making changes to my internet presence, I decided it needed to be dropped. I have a new project in the works and several other projects on the drawing board and in order to showcase my future stuff, I needed a different space that embodied it all better. And where does a creative do her work? In a studio, yeah?
Hello Purple Ink Studios!
I’m soooo excited about the new site and what springtime will inspire! I love this time of year and I don’t know if it’s spring fever or just the creative bug but I’m itching to make the most of the brand new season!
Welcome to my new space and if we’re meeting for the first time, I look forward to becoming friends!
Stay blessed 🙂